Thursday, August 27, 2026

My Top 5 News and Information Sources

Top 5 Sources of News and Information 


1. ABC News 



ABC News is probably one of my main sources of news because it covers pretty much everything happening around Australia. As an Australian, I like being able to check what is happening in my own state and around the country, while also getting updates about international events. I also find ABC pretty easy to use because I can see articles, videos, and updates through its website and social media. I would recommend ABC News because it is a good place to start if you want reliable information without having to search through heaps of different websites.

2. SBS News 



SBS News is another source I like because it gives me a different perspective from some of the other Australian news outlets. I especially like how much international news SBS covers, because I don't just want to know what is happening in Australia. SBS also has news about Australian culture, Indigenous issues, sport, entertainment, and stories from different communities. As an Australian, I like that SBS is available through its website, app, and social media, so it is easy to keep up with the news without sitting down and watching a full news program. I would recommend SBS because it gives you Australian and international news while covering a diverse range of voices.

3. news.com.au 


I like using news.com.au because it is quick and easy to check, especially when I just want to know what is happening without reading a massive article. It covers Australian news, sport, entertainment, lifestyle and international stories, so there is usually something interesting to look at. I also think it fits the way a lot of Gen Z people consume news because you can quickly scroll through headlines and decide what you actually want to read. I would recommend news.com.au if you want a more fast-paced way of keeping up with Australian news.

4. TikTok



TikTok is one of my main sources of information because, as a young Australian, I spend a lot of time on social media. I often find out about breaking news, sports results, Australian events, and random interesting stories through videos on my For You Page before I see them on traditional news websites. I like TikTok because information is usually presented in short videos that are easy to understand and don't take much time to watch. However, I know that TikTok isn't always the most reliable source, so I think it is important to check important stories with another source before believing or sharing them. I would recommend TikTok as a way to discover what people are talking about, rather than relying on it as the only source of news.

5. ESPN 



ESPN would definitely be in my top five because I am really into sport, especially soccer. I use sports news differently from regular news because I want quick updates about games, players, transfers, competitions, and what is happening around the sporting world. ESPN is useful because I can quickly check scores and news without having to search through heaps of different websites. As Australian sport is a big part of the media I consume, I think it makes sense to include a sports source alongside my more traditional news sources. I would recommend ESPN to anyone who follows sport because it is an easy way to stay updated on what is happening both in Australia and internationally

No comments:

Post a Comment

EOTO Project

  Petroglyphs: One of the Earliest Forms of Communication When we think about communication technology, most of us probably think about smar...